Did you know with a single cosmetic procedure can completely alter the appearance of your smile? Veneers fit over the front and sides of your tooth, allowing us to address a variety of esthetic concerns. How do we create and place them?
Try Our Quiz on Veneers
- True or False: Each one will be custom-made.
- True or False: Placement takes two visits.
- True or False: We can address multiple cosmetic issues.
- True or False: Routine care can keep them strong.
- True. We begin by prepping your teeth, removing a small layer of enamel to make room for the new restorations. We then take detailed impressions of your prepared teeth, which will be used by expert ceramists to design and create the veneers.
- True. Preparing the teeth takes one visit. In between visits, the veneers will be created using porcelain, a strong and lifelike material that can withstand bite forces and mimic the appearance of natural tooth enamel. During the second visit, we will check the fit of the completed restorations, make any necessary adjustments, and then place them using a powerful bonding agent.
- True. We can use them to mask permanent teeth stains, close gaps between teeth, lengthen worn down teeth, and reshape malformed or damaged teeth. We can also correct the appearance of minor misalignment.
- True. You can keep them bright by brushing your teeth twice a day for two minutes each session, as well as flossing every night before bed. We also suggest having your teeth cleaned every six months. If you have any questions about our cosmetic restorations, or if you’re ready to try them, then contact our office today.
Do You Have Questions About Our Veneers?
Interested in our cosmetic procedures? At Independence Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we can transform your smile with a custom-made restoration. We proudly offer our services to individuals from Independence, Lee’s Summit, Blue Springs, Kansas City, Grain Valley, Liberty, and surrounding areas. To schedule an appointment, or to learn more about us, call our dental office in Independence, MO, today at 816-350-0808.