Without treatment, gum disease leads to a number of serious negative impacts on oral health, from discomfort to missing teeth. In order to restore the health of a patient’s smile, we may offer LANAP therapy. How do dental lasers treat gum disease in Independence, MO?
Try Our Quiz on LANAP Therapy
- True or False: Untreated gum disease may cause tooth loss.
- True or False: Sore, bleeding gums could indicate trouble.
- True or False: Dental lasers remove infected tissue.
- True or False: The procedure encourages faster healing times.
- True. Without treatment, gum disease only grows more severe. Eventually, the advanced stage known as periodontitis, begins to attack the tissue connecting your teeth and gums. Adult tooth loss then occurs, further hurting the health, function, and appearance of your smile.
- True. Be aware of any changes to your gums. For example, soreness, redness, swelling, recession, and bleeding when brushing or flossing could all indicate the presence of gingivitis or gum disease. Ignoring the symptoms allows the disease to grow more severe and threaten your smile’s stability.
- True. Instead of using a scalpel, which employ a specially calibrated soft tissue laser. The dental laser then targets and trims infected tissue with precision and accuracy. Healthy gum tissue can then attach to the teeth, closing periodontal pockets and improving oral health.
- True. The lasers allow the gums to heal faster while also reducing the risk of infection and bleeding. patients rarely need anesthesia for the procedure. The lasers provide a quiet and precise means of treating periodontal disease and restoring the health of your smile. If you have any questions about the LANAP procedure, then contact our team today to discuss periodontal treatment options.
Do You Have Sore Gums?
If you have experienced the warning signs of periodontal disease, then contact our team today. For more information, schedule a consultation by contacting Independence Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Independence, MO, today at 816-350-0808. We also proudly serve patients who live in Lee’s Summit, Blue Springs, Kansas City, Grain Valley, Liberty, and all surrounding communities.