LANAP, or Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure, employs advanced technology to help our team manage gum disease and treat periodontal problems. In today’s blog, we’re going to discuss how dental lasers can help improve the health of smiles in Independence, MO.
Try Our Quiz on LANAP and Gum Disease
- True or False: Gum disease can lead to tooth loss.
- True or False: Sore, bleeding gums could be a sign you need treatment.
- True or False: We can use dental lasers to remove infected tissue.
- True or False: There is little to no need for anesthesia.
- True. Without treatment, gum disease can reach an advanced stage known as periodontitis, in which the connective tissue between the teeth and gums deteriorates and teeth can become lost. In order to avoid this, we will offer treatment to help manage the disease, such as the LANAP system.
- True. As you develop inflammation and enter the early stages of periodontal disease, then you may notice your gums feel sore, appear redder than usual, and bleed easily, especially when you floss. If you experience one or more of these potential symptoms, then you need to see us for a thorough diagnosis.
- True. Using a soft tissue laser, we can remove infected tissue and trim sensitive tissues. Doing so allows the gums to heal and periodontal pockets to close, safeguarding your smile against periodontitis.
- True. The lasers rarely require anesthesia and reduce the risk of infection and bleeding following treatment. Patients also enjoy a faster healing time, and minimized sensitivity. If you have any questions about treating periodontal disease or about our advanced laser treatments, then contact our team today. We’re ready to help you enjoy a healthy smile!
Do You Need Periodontal Treatment?
Our team can use advanced technology to help provide treatment for gingivitis and gum disease. For more information, schedule a consultation by contacting Independence Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Independence, MO, today at 816-350-0808. We also proudly serve patients who live in Lee’s Summit, Blue Springs, Kansas City, Grain Valley, Liberty, and all surrounding communities.