Saying Farewell To Cavities
When Dr. Roberson diagnoses you with a cavity, your best solution is to schedule a visit for a filling right away. This surprisingly simple, effective process offers beautiful results and restored oral health.
What To Expect From A Dental Filling
When you suffer from a cavity, you can restore your oral health and comfort by visiting Dr. Roberson and our friendly team for a dental filling. During a filling, we will numb your tooth and surrounding tissues. Dr. Roberson will clean out the decayed tooth tissue and bacteria from within your tooth. He will polish the inside of the opening, which he will then fill with one of the following beautiful materials:
- Composite: This synthetic resin filling is the material typically used for “white” or “tooth-colored” fillings. We will color match the composite to the color of your surrounding tooth for a natural finish.
- Glass Ionomer: Made of silicate glass powder, this filling is typically used in visible front teeth that do not experience as much pressure as back teeth. This material is also color-matched to the surrounding tooth.
The Advantages Of Dental Fillings
Choosing tooth-colored dental fillings will allow you to recover from tooth decay without a visible trace of ever having suffered from a cavity. Look over the additional following advantages of choosing a composite or ionomer filling with our team at Scott A. Roberson, DDS, FAGD:
- Our fillings are practically invisible, so your smile’s appearance does not change
- Composite and glass ionomer both bond directly to tooth tissue – this promotes exceptional stability
- Compared to metal fillings, which enlarge and contract, our fillings do not place your tooth in danger of fractures
- Our tooth-colored fillings will not cause temperature-related sensitivity like metal fillings
- Our fillings are safe for both pregnant women and individuals allergic to metals
Your Dental Needs
If you suffer from a cavity but hope to avoid a dark, unsightly filling, our fillings offer you a wonderful solution. Because Dr. Roberson uses filling material that blends with the surrounding tooth tissue, rather than metal, you can expect a beautiful finished product. In addition, if you have any questions about dental insurance or other payment options, please call our office at 816-350-0808.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
At Independence Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Scott Roberson offers expert dental care for your entire family, including cosmetic, restorative, and preventive services. We proudly provide services to patients from Independence, Lee’s Summit, Blue Springs, Kansas City, Grain Valley, Liberty, and surrounding areas. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about our services, call our dental office in Independence, MO, today at 816-350-0808.