When you chip or crack a tooth, or if tooth decay and infections arise, you need treatment. Otherwise, complications can eventually develop that lead to tooth loss! Fortunately, we can use restorative procedures to improve your smile and help you maintain optimal oral health.
Restorative Dental Procedures
- Fillings: A dental filling uses metal-free composite resin to repair cavities. We can provide a lifelike solution to decay, preventing the issue from growing worse and leading to infection. Placement only takes one visit. We can also use the same material in a dental bonding procedure, which allows us to mask teeth stains and repair minor chips.
- Crowns: For more substantial restoration, we may suggest a dental crown. The dental crown fits over the entirety of the tooth’s visible portion, which allows us to address breakage, decay, infection, and fractures. We can also use them anchor dental bridges in place or restore a single tooth dental implant. We can often create them using lifelike materials, such as ceramic.
- Root Canal Therapy: When a tooth is infected, a root anal allows us to remove the infected tissue and prevent the tooth from requiring extraction. We then compete the procedure with a crown, which ensures your newly repaired tooth looks natural.
- Bridges: A bridge provides a solution to tooth loss. If you’ve lost between one and three teeth in a row, we can create a prosthetic that consists if replacement teeth with crowns attached to each end. We place the crowns on the natural teeth on either side of the gap in your smile, which holds the new teeth firmly in place.
- Extraction: Occasionally, removing a tooth, such as wisdom teeth, infected teeth, or teeth that have become severely damaged, can help protect your smile’s health and function.
Do You Have Questions About Restorative Dentistry?
We can repair and restore your smile. At Independence Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we have options to help address damaged or decayed teeth. We proudly offer our services to individuals from Independence, Lee’s Summit, Blue Springs, Kansas City, Grain Valley, Liberty, and surrounding areas. To schedule an appointment, or to learn more about us, call our dental office in Independence, MO, today at 816-350-0808.