Dr. Roberson Provides Gentle Care for Healthy, Gorgeous Smiles
If your tooth endures damage too great for a simple filling or cosmetic treatment, a dental crown may present you with the best solution. At Scott A. Roberson, DDS, FAGD, we offer a selection of beautiful, strong crowns to improve and restore your smile.
What To Expect From Dental Crowns
A dental crown is a custom-fitted, hollow, artificial tooth, which fits over your natural tooth. You may hear others refer to this dental prosthetic as a “cap” because of its shape. Variations on the full dental crown include inlays and onlays, which fit into your teeth like puzzle pieces when a filling is insufficient, but a full crown is unnecessary. An inlay fits within the cusps on top of your teeth. An onlay replaces cusp tissue or tissue along the sides of your tooth.
We offer a wide variety of sturdy, beautiful crowns. Dr. Roberson will choose the proper crown according to your needs, budget, and the location of your affected tooth. Your back teeth, for instance, are load-bearing teeth and require more strength than your visible teeth. At Scott A. Roberson, DDS, FAGD, we offer:
- Porcelain-Fused-To-Metal (PFM)
- Max Porcelain
The Advantages Of Dental Crowns
Choosing dental crowns, inlays, or onlays provides you with a wonderful solution to significantly damaged teeth, or teeth requiring significant support and protection. We encourage you to consider the following advantages of dental crowns, inlays, and onlays:
- A crown protects your tooth after root canal therapy
- An inlay or onlay restores the function and beauty of your natural tooth, before resorting to a full dental crown
- Dental crowns protect vulnerable teeth from bacterial invasion and infections that often warrant an extraction
- A dental crown will restore your ability to chew and speak successfully
- You can achieve a dramatic cosmetic transformation to an aesthetically damaged tooth
If your tooth is too damaged for us to restore your natural tooth, you may make a great candidate for a dental crown. You may require a dental crown for one of the following reasons:
- To protect and preserve your tooth after a root canal
- Your tooth suffers extreme physical damage
- We cannot camouflage your cosmetic damage with porcelain veneers
- Your tooth requires a large filling, placing it in danger of breaking
In addition, if you have any questions about dental insurance or other payment options, please call our office at 816-350-0808.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
At Independence Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Scott Roberson offers expert dental care for your entire family, including cosmetic, restorative, and preventive services. We proudly provide services to patients from Independence, Lee’s Summit, Blue Springs, Kansas City, Grain Valley, Liberty, and surrounding areas. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about our services, call our dental office in Independence, MO, today at 816-350-0808.